- The Company is manufacturing Distribution Transformers ranging from 10 kVA to 500 kVA, 11 kV Class.
- The Company is in the line of manufacture of Distribution Transformers since more than Seven Decades. It is having qualified Engineers, Supervisors, Technicians and various other supporting staff/employees who have put in number of years of service and capable of manufacturing good quality transformers.
- The salient features of the Company are: - The Company is known for its quality Transformers.
- The basic facilities required for manufacturing of good quality transformers are as under:
- Design and Development Division
- Quality Control and Testing facilities
- Use of good quality raw-materials
- Various machinery/equipments and other infrastructure for manufacturing process.
- Technocrats and skilled labour, and supporting staff.
- DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT :
The Design and Drawings Division is computerized and we are adopting the latest technology in designing the transformers as per the Indian Standards and customers specifications.
The various documents for procurement of raw-materials, manufacturing activities, etc., will be issued from this department, in line with the requirement for manufacture of transformers as per the customers specification.
- QUALITY CONTROL & TESTING:
This Division will monitor the various manufacturing activities, up to final testing of transformers to ensure that the transformers coming out will conform to the Indian standards and customers requirement. The various inspection procedures adopted are as under:
- Inspection of raw-materials received from various vendors.
- Stage inspection at various levels in manufacturing shops.
- Final Testing of the transformers as per Indian Standards.
- Inspection at the despatch area before despatch to ensure that the transformers are fitted with all accessories etc.,
The various procedures and tests conducted are as per the Indian Standards which are quite elaborative. This department is headed by qualified and experienced engineers and is having a team of qualified personnel at various stages and they will be independent from production department to ensure that the quality parameters are complied with, at various stages of manufacture.
The major raw-materials required for manufacture of good quality of transformers are as follows:-
- Silicon Steel Laminations - Cold Rolled Grain Oriented Steel.
- Electrical Grade Double Paper Covered Copper/Aluminium Conductors.
- Transformer Oil
- Insulating Materials like, Insulating Paper, Press Boards, Porcelain Insulators, Varnish, Paper Tubes, Varnish & Paints etc.,
- Bushing Metal Parts and various other MS Items.
- Various other fittings like Oil Gauges, Silica gel Breathers, etc.
- Mild Steel Tanks
- Silicon Steel Laminations: The laminations are very important raw material, used in manufacture of transformers which constitutes nearly 50% of the material cost. The quality of this material will maintain the losses within the specified limits and also life expectancy of the transformer.
- Electrical Grade Double Paper Covered Copper/Aluminium Conductors: We are procuring this material from various reputed suppliers, who can supply the conductors as per our specification. The material received will be tested at our works, for resistivity, insulation, tensile strength, etc, before they are put into use.
- Transformer Oil: This material is very important in the performance of the transformer particularly, longevity. We are procuring the Oil conforming to latest IS 335 from reputed firms. Each and every batch of Oil Tankers received at our works will be subject to sample testing. We will conduct BDV resistivity and Tan Delta tests etc., before the same is accepted. The Transformer oil will be once again subject to filtration, before filling up into the transformer in hot condition. This ensures that any moisture or impurities in the transformer is removed before filling into the transformer.
- Insulating Materials like, Insulating Paper, Press Boards, Porcelain Insulators, Paper Tubes, etc.,These raw-materials are important items in the manufacture of Transformers. Any defects will result in early failure of transformers. We are procuring these materials from reputed firms and various other items like Porcelain Insulators, Bushing Metal Parts will be procured from suppliers who can supply as per our specifications. We will carry out required inspection and tests on these items before they are used.